Fusarium wilt disease on banana, caused by the fungal
pathogen Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense (Foc) Tropical Race 4
(TR4), is a major threat for banana plantations.
In August 2019 ICA - Instituto Colombiano Agropecuario announced the confirmation of the presence of Fusarium wilt Disease Tropical race 4 in the country (follow link). ClearDetections has been in close contact with the scientist in charge of the diagnostic of FOC TR4 in Colombia Dr. Fernando Garcia-Bastidas by providing support and a fast and reliable tool to help identify this problem.
ClearDetections is a small private enterprise focused on delivering revolutionary plant disease Diagnostic tools to our clients Worldwide. We develop and produce Real-Time PCR Diagnostic kits for relevant plant pests and we work close together with Wageningen University, plant Health authorities and reference labs, to ensure top quality personalized products and services that respond to stakeholders needs.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, well organized and accurate molecular research technician. You can work independently on a small team, performing tasks in diverse areas as laboratory management, production & sales and research & development projects.
· Be participant in challenging R&D projects concerning product development and product optimization & international projects.
· Conduct optimization of SOPs according to ISO9001:2015 standards
· Have an important role in our lab management & maintenance activities
· Be responsible for production & shipping of molecular biology tools & for their technical delivery to our customers worldwide
· You have a MSc degree in the field of molecular biology, molecular phytopathology, molecular forensics or biotechnology and affinity with phytopathology.
· You have previous experience with development, validation and demonstration of DNA-extraction and Real-time PCR-based assays for the detection of plant diseases, namely nematodes.
· You have previous experience with primer or probe design and Real-time PCR assay development.
· You can handle maintenance & administration tasks associated with production & sales.
· You are fluent in English (written & spoken), German and Dutch are a plus
A challenging job opportunity in a still small, but expanding company facilitating a change in plant disease diagnostics. We operate in an active business environment where the atmosphere is dynamic and casual. Our remuneration package is modern and tailor made. ClearDetections is based in Wageningen, The Netherlands.
Is this the right job for you? You can contact us for more information. If you’re interested in this position and you fit the profile, we invite you to apply. You can do this by sending your English CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be represented by our Operations Manager Marta Santos Paiva, do you want to know more about us and our products & services? Meet her there! Send her an whatsApp message on +31 615 063020, or send an email email@example.com
Since August 2017 Mrs. Marta Santos Paiva started as Operations Manager at ClearDetections. She has taken over the work from Mrs. Renske Landeweert who has contributed for the development of ClearDetections for the last 5 years. Mrs. Marta Santos Paiva will be our new focal point for all customers, suppliers and other relations. With the support of Wageningen University and Research Centre she will help you with all of your questions, orders and any other items that might help you to better diagnostics in the field of nematodes and fungi.
Last month also Mr. Henri Hekman, former owner of the Blgg Groep in Wageningen and currently one of the owners and investors of DutchSprouts/SoilCares, stepped in again as the sole investor.
ClearDetections is currently delivering diagnostic kits to more than 20 different countries all over the world, from our base in Wageningen, the Netherlands and hometown of one of the best known Agri Universities of the world. We will continue to work every day in order to help you achieve revolutionary diagnostics!
On May 24, 2017 the 69th edition of the International Symposium of Crop Protection will take place at the Ghent University in Belgium. Of course we are also present so we can tell you how useful our products are!
In 2016 we improved our Real-Time PCR diagnostic kits by switching from a wet to a dry PCR mix, without compromising quality or performance. Up until now, our kits had to be shipped in dry ice. Not anymore! What is in it for you?
Shipping costs & CO2 footprint are lowered
Storage is easier & shelf-life is extended
Components reconstitution in one step by adding the supplied buffer